Skip to main content

My Back to School Makeup Essentials


So, tomorrow is D day for another study day. My fifth semester of University will start in a couple hours. How exciting! As a beauty addict, when I start to think about back to school, I will also think about my makeup/ beauty essentials. To me, makeup essentials were both which I wear and I keep in my makeup bag for a little touch up during the day.

  • BB Cream
This semester I will go for as-natural-as-possible makeup look. I think makeup for school must be natural, fresh, but still look radiant to keep me look healthy. I used to use foundation to school, but start from tomorrow, I will use BB cream instead. Since it's so light and has a watery-like consistency, BB cream will give a flawless natural finish. Mine is from Maybelline.

  • Baby Lips Lipbalm
My other makeup or beauty or cosmetic essentials (how mouthful is that?) which also from Maybelline is the baby lips lip balm. I have massively dry lips especially during the colder months so I will need a lipbalm in my makeup bag. I heard so many good thing about Maybelline Baby Lips Lipbalm, and I happen to know that Macbarbie07 aka Bethany Mota love it, so I'm excited to put it on my makeup essentials. I have 3 of them and none of them have been opened yet. But excited to try that tomorrow!

  • Eyelash Curler
Now maybe you think it's weird to put Eyelash Curler in my makeup essentials, but as an Asian girl, I don't have eyelashes as big as you guys who may not Asian. That's why without this baby my eyes will not look awake enough.

  • Eyeliner Pencil & Mascara
Because liquid or pen liner will be a little tricky to use for touch up, I rather bring pencil liner with me to school. And for mascara, just bring any mascara that you enjoy to use. My favorite at the moment is Oriflame Fatlash Blackout Mascara. I find that mascara with plastic brush is easier to use than the bristle one. Besides, it also gives a natural finish (which I like) and doesn't make my eyelashes look clumpy.

  • Lipstick or Liptint
Well, if you're lucky enough and you can get your hands on Maybelline Baby Lips US version, you probably don't need lipstick or liptint anymore. But sadly, for what I called Maybelline Baby Lips Asian version, is only available in clear shade means it's purely a lipbalm. So, I will also bring some lipstick in my makeup bag. At the moment I love coral colour for lips, so I will bring my Oriflame Pure Colour Lipstick in shade Coral.

  • Garnier Brightening Eye Roll-On
I like to keep Eye Roll-On from Garnier in my makeup bag because we'll never know when we suddenly feel tired and sleepy during class. This thing will keep you awake and for me it's the best little "pick me up" when I feel so sleepy.

  • Tender Care
Well, I'm not sure if it will count as back to school makeup essentials because I will use it at night before. It is the Oriflame Tender Care Cherry. I apply this before bed as an overnight treatment and when I wake up, my lips will feel oh-so-soft and ready for the day.

  • Body Spray/ Perfume
I almost forgot about this one but now I remember that I think it's important to keep your body smell nice all day. If you prefer something that has a soft smell, try to use body spray, but if you like something a little bit stronger, use perfume.

  • Hand Cream
If you're like me and you had a granny-like hand, then you need a hand cream in your makeup bag. Just to make sure that your hand feels soft, especially when you're about to shake your hand with some new friends :-)

So, what's your back to school makeup essentials, girls?
Any other ideas for me? :-)

~ ♥ ~


Credit for pics:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Mustika Ratu "Simply Stay"

Seminggu yang lalu,  Mustika Ratu  mengirimkan paket untukku berupa rangkaian makeup terbaru mereka yang bernama  Simply Stay . Konsep produk simply stay ini adalah  basic makeup  yang praktis, tahan lama, dan berkelas tetapi tersedia dalam harga terjangkau. Konsep yang menarik, terutama untuk kalangan mahasiswi sepertiku, untuk wanita karier dengan kesibukan tinggi yang butuh makeup praktis, juga untuk ibu rumah tangga yang ingin dandanan serba simpel. Sebelumnya, aku hanya menggunakan produk Skin Care dan Body Care Mustika Ratu, belum tertarik mencoba lini makeup mereka. Tetapi, melihat statemen resmi Mustika Ratu bahwa rangkaian Simply Stay bisa  tahan hingga 8 jam , aku langsung tertarik ingin mencoba. Akankan produk-produk ini bertahan di wajahku yang kombinasi cenderung berminyak? Simak terus ya.. Rangkaian produk Simply Stay terdiri dari (1) moisturizer atau pelembab, (2) liquid foundation , (3) stick foundation , (4) two way cake , dan (5) loose powder . Produk

10 Things I'll Do Before 8 AM

1. Map Out The Next Day - before I go to bed. 2. Wake Up Early - even when I don't have to go to mosque and pray. 3. Pray Subuh - to thank God for the wonderful day ahead. 4. Visualization - everything I want is already on my posession. 5. Review Dreams and Goals - to make sure I still want the same thing. 6. Eat Healthy Breakfast - study need energy. 7. Exercise - live a healthy life please. 8.  Listen to a Faith Building Message - just to recharge. 9.  Read  - widen the horizon. 10. Make The Day Top Heavy - done the most challenging thing first.

Go KAIST and KIST Week #1

Monday 4/01/2016 Yesterday I've found an RPUL made by Indonesian KIST alumni. There are many things I learned from it especially about time management. I need to contact KIST professor soon because 1 alumnus said that I have to contact them at least 3 to 4 months before admission deadline, which is April I believe (update: it's March). But before that, I have to make sure that I'm ready in terms of research topic etc. Today I read few journals related to 3D contents and I get to know some professors in 3D and virtual lab. I'm still not a 100% sure about my topic, but at the moment I'm more interested in virtual world. I hope the best will work out. I got ayat nice things, nikmat? Or things like that. I hope Allah always help me. Tuesday 5/01/2016 While I help my mom's thesis, I decided to start to write the letter for professor. I'm so nervous >.< I hope the best will work out. Ah, and last night I've found out that KAIST is at fir