Skip to main content

Singapore Day 1: The New Born of One Big TF-Scale Family

It's always great to look back and think about things in the past, especially things that we're almost grateful of. And surprisingly, you can learn so much about that thing, more than before you think about it. Last month, is probably the busiest month of my life, which is the month of TF-Scale Programme. TF-Scale is a student exhange program funded by Temasek Foundation, held on 17 March 2014 to 11 April 2014. In this blog post, I'd like to share with you the beginning of this journey: The Departure.

go to singapore

take a picture in the bus

tf-scale buddy

If you guys knows me in real life, you'll know that I'm the biggest shy person in the whole planet. At first, I'm nowhere close to everybody who also join this program. Look at me in the pictures above! I'm wearing blue veil (or scarf, which is Singaporean called it that way), did you realize that I'm very shy? Just look at my face and you'll know. So, as you can tell from the pictures, we're depart by bus from Politeknik Negeri Malang to Juanda Airport in Surabaya.

singapore selfie
Selfie in Juanda Airport

I don't remember the exact time we must enter the plane, I think it's around 4pm. But, I do remember that because we eat first, we must rush because it's already the last call (to enter the plane). But, there's always time to take a selfie! XD

Because of food

I don't really have pictures to show you how's the arrival in Singapore was. But I do have from few friends. Gimme time to ask :-)

So, we're arrived around 7 pm and we must wait till 8 pm I think, as long as I can remember, because we're waiting for our friends. Surprisingly, we're not alone in this program, but we have company from Cambodia. The first Cambodian girl that I talk to is Sothary Kim. Currently she's studying in 2 major. I can't remember the other one, I think it's fishery, but I do remember that one of them is English. She said that majority of student in Cambodia take 2 major or as we call it here in Indonesia, double degree.

I think we're arrived in Republic Polytechnic around 9 pm. Then we eat our first dinner which is I can't ever remember what's inside. But, we drink Yeo's for the first time. It feels weird at first because it's either winter melon or crysantemum tea, and we're still not used to. But that's what we're looking for: the first unusual experiences.

After dinner, we got 2 T-shirts with "THINK SOCIAL ACT GLOBAL" on it and our room key, which is hung on our name tag. There's also an ez-link card to take the public transportation with 7 dollars ballance in it. Then, all ready to go to bed. The funny moment is, me as a little girl should drag 19.6 kg luggage from e-canteen to our flat, and it's soo tiring. I almost fall! Luckily, one of the nicest Cambodian girl helping me.

Then, we're entering the flat for the first time. It's as nice as we imagine, because we're already browsing how it looks like. What a tiring wonderful day ^_^ We're ready for the next day, till we don't wanna go to sleep. When we are, it's so late already. I think it's because we're too happy.

So, that's what I'm gonna share today. I hope you also enjoy as much as time in your life.
Good night..

~ ♥ ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review Mustika Ratu "Simply Stay"

Seminggu yang lalu,  Mustika Ratu  mengirimkan paket untukku berupa rangkaian makeup terbaru mereka yang bernama  Simply Stay . Konsep produk simply stay ini adalah  basic makeup  yang praktis, tahan lama, dan berkelas tetapi tersedia dalam harga terjangkau. Konsep yang menarik, terutama untuk kalangan mahasiswi sepertiku, untuk wanita karier dengan kesibukan tinggi yang butuh makeup praktis, juga untuk ibu rumah tangga yang ingin dandanan serba simpel. Sebelumnya, aku hanya menggunakan produk Skin Care dan Body Care Mustika Ratu, belum tertarik mencoba lini makeup mereka. Tetapi, melihat statemen resmi Mustika Ratu bahwa rangkaian Simply Stay bisa  tahan hingga 8 jam , aku langsung tertarik ingin mencoba. Akankan produk-produk ini bertahan di wajahku yang kombinasi cenderung berminyak? Simak terus ya.. Rangkaian produk Simply Stay terdiri dari (1) moisturizer atau pelembab, (2) liquid foundation , (3) stick foundation , (4) two way cake , dan (5) loose powder . Produk

10 Things I'll Do Before 8 AM

1. Map Out The Next Day - before I go to bed. 2. Wake Up Early - even when I don't have to go to mosque and pray. 3. Pray Subuh - to thank God for the wonderful day ahead. 4. Visualization - everything I want is already on my posession. 5. Review Dreams and Goals - to make sure I still want the same thing. 6. Eat Healthy Breakfast - study need energy. 7. Exercise - live a healthy life please. 8.  Listen to a Faith Building Message - just to recharge. 9.  Read  - widen the horizon. 10. Make The Day Top Heavy - done the most challenging thing first.

Go KAIST and KIST Week #1

Monday 4/01/2016 Yesterday I've found an RPUL made by Indonesian KIST alumni. There are many things I learned from it especially about time management. I need to contact KIST professor soon because 1 alumnus said that I have to contact them at least 3 to 4 months before admission deadline, which is April I believe (update: it's March). But before that, I have to make sure that I'm ready in terms of research topic etc. Today I read few journals related to 3D contents and I get to know some professors in 3D and virtual lab. I'm still not a 100% sure about my topic, but at the moment I'm more interested in virtual world. I hope the best will work out. I got ayat nice things, nikmat? Or things like that. I hope Allah always help me. Tuesday 5/01/2016 While I help my mom's thesis, I decided to start to write the letter for professor. I'm so nervous >.< I hope the best will work out. Ah, and last night I've found out that KAIST is at fir